Download Magisk 16.6 Beta and Magisk Manager 5.8.0: By following this guide, you can download Magisk 16.6 Beta ZIP package. Being an Android developer or advanced user who wish to customize your Android device then you must have heard about Magisk. But if you are new to rooting then Magisk is a very handy tool that you can use to get root access on your Android device. You’ll happy to know that the Magisk, the popular system-less root utility, has recently been updated to version 16.6.
The new Magisk 16.6 comes with many bug fixes and technical changes. As you know that there are various utilities available like SuperSU to achieve root access over the internal filesystem of Android devices but the compatibility of Magisk and its system-less approach hasn’t been matched. Magisk is a systemless method as SuperSU is a system-dependent one. It means that Magisk does not tinker with any of the files present on your device whereas SuperSU does. Magisk is one of most popular rooting utility among the Android community. So proceed to the given guide and download the new and vastly improved Magisk 16.6 Beta from the given link.
Magisk has been developed by an XDA recognized contributor named as topjohnwu. Apart from Magisk 16.6 beta, topjohnwu also announced the latest version of Magisk Manager which is an add-on for Magisk to run properly on supported devices. The latest version of Magisk Manager which has been released is Magisk Manager v5.8.0.Magisk (System-less Root) is much cleaner and easier to manage and it is quite easy to implement by the end user as well.
All you need to have the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP already installed on your device to use Magisk. The new Magisk 16.6 is compatible with multiple devices from different brands, so there is no need to wait for a specific package. Just go ahead and download Magisk 16.6 Beta with the complete package to gain root access. Now, you can download both the Magisk v16.6 Beta and the Magisk Manager v5.8.0 from right here.
Magisk 16.6 Beta – Changelog:
Read the complete technical run-down of Magisk 16.6 (Beta):
- Add wrapper script to overcome weird LD_XXX flags set in apps
- Prevent boot loop when flashing Magisk after full wipe on FBE devices
- Support patching DTB placed in extra sections in boot images (Samsung S9/S9+)
- Add support for addon.d-v2 (untested)
- Fix custom recovery console output in addon.d
- Fallback to parsing sysfs for detecting block devices
- Check whether a valid Magisk Manager is installed on boot, if not, install stub APK embedded in magiskinit
- Check whether Magisk Manager is repackaged (hidden), and prevent malware from hijacking com.topjohnwu.magisk
- Introduce new daemon: magisklogd, a dedicated daemon to handle all logcat related monitoring
- Replace old invincible mode with a handshake between magiskd and magisklogd, one will respwan the other if disconnected
- Support GSI adbd bind mounting
- Support detecting block names in upper case (Samsung)
- Check DTB headers to prevent false detections within kernel binary
- Compare mount namespace with PPID to make sure the namespace is actually separated, fix root loss
- Simplify su_info caching system, should use fewer resources and computing power
- Reduce the amount of broadcasting to Magisk Manager
- Separate all ext4 image related operations to a new applet called “imgtool”
- Use precise free space calculation methods
- Use our own set of loop devices hidden along side with sbin tmpfs overlay.
Download Magisk 16.6 Beta & Magisk Manager 5.8.0:
Here, we have given the direct links to download the latest Magisk 16.6 Beta package and Magisk Manager 5.8.0 below. The Magisk ZIP utility requires a custom recovery like TWRP to flash on Android device.
Download Magisk 16.6 Beta and Magisk Manager 5.8.0
Boot your Android phone into TWRP recovery. Once you boot into your custom recovery, follow these steps:
- In recovery mode, select the Install button.
- Find the folder where you download the zip file.
- Select the zip file
- Swipe the slider to install Magisk
- Tap Reboot System