Download and install Lineage OS 16 on Motorola Moto G5S Plus. Motorola announced Moto G5S Plus (codename: sanders) in August 2017. This smartphone came with Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box and later upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo. We have some good news for you that Lineage OS 16 is now available to download for Moto G5S Plus. The new Lineage OS 16 is based on the latest OS, Android 9.0 Pie. Thanks to MasterAwesome (XDA Developer) for working on the next version of Lineage OS which is Android Pie based called Lineage OS 16. Follow the given guide and download Lineage OS 16 for Moto G5S Plus.
Now, go ahead to download and install Lineage OS 16 on Motorola Moto G5S Plus. After installing this latest custom ROM, you can find various great features and aims to deliver the stability and best performance. Also, you can check the New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and much more. We have already mentioned that Lineage OS 16 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware which is based on the official Android 9.0 Pie AOSP source code. The Lineage OS 16 comes with a lot of amazing features and customization options that enables you to use your phone beyond the Stock Firmware features.
All you need to have the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP already installed on your Moto G5S Plus to flash the ROM. Also, you’ll need to unlock the bootloader of Moto G5S Plus to install Lineage OS 16. Here we’ll use TWRP custom recovery to flash the Android 9.0 Pie Lineage OS 16 and Gapps package. We highly recommend creating a full backup of all your existing and important data before proceeding to the installation guide. As, while installing this Lineage OS 16 custom ROM, all the data will be wiped clean – like a brand new phone. Below we have mentioned that how to make a full backup for rooted and non-rooted phones. Now follow the guide to Install Lineage OS 16 on Motorola Moto G5S Plus.
Please note that this guide containing the download links and instructions to install Lineage OS 16 on Motorola Moto G5S Plus are working with Motorola Moto G5S Plus only. Do not try to flash this custom firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Motorola phone by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB Drivers for your Motorola device on your PC.
- If the TWRP custom recovery is not yet installed on your phone yet then you’ll need to install TWRP first.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
Download Lineage OS 16:
Steps To Install Lineage OS 16 on Motorola Moto G5S Plus
- First of all, download the ROM and Google Apps package zipped files for your device from the above-given links on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your phone to the PC using its USB data cable. Note: If the Android USB Drivers are correctly installed, then PC will recognize the device; otherwise re-install USB Drivers on the PC.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sdCard on your phone.
- After the transferring process completes, boot your device into the TWRP Recovery. Here you can find a detailed guide on
5. Now, follow the given guide to install Android 8.1 Lineage OS 16 ROM on your device.
- Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
- Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install Lineage OS 16 on Motorola Moto G5S Plus.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble related to the above guide.