Download N950U1UES4CRE1 May 2018 Security for US Unlocked Galaxy Note 8: Samsung has started pushing out the latest May Security Patch Samsung Galaxy Note 8 users. This new firmware update is available for the US Unlocked variant with the model number (SM-N950U1UES4CRE1). The Android 8.0 Oreo-based firmware update comes with build number to N950U1UES4CRE1 and brings the fix for some serious security issues and CVEs. We recommend updating your Galaxy Note 8 to the latest security patch on your device to safe from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus. So if you have Galaxy Note 8 (Unlocked) and want to upgrade then go ahead and follow the given guide install N950U1UES4CRE1 May 2018 Security for the US Unlocked Galaxy Note 8.
Talking about the hardware specification of Galaxy Note 8, it features a 5.1-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. The phone packs 32GB/64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core Exynos 8890 Octa coupled with 3GB of RAM. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 comes with 12MP rear Camera and 5MP front shooting camera.
The Android 8.0 Oreo May 2018 Security update is available through OTA (over-the-air) in some regions. Check software update on unlocked Galaxy Note 8 and hit the download to upgrade your device to N950U1UES4CRE1 May 2018 Security Patch on the availability. As the OTA update arrives phase-wise and will soon reach every user in the US running on Stock OEM firmware. Still, if the update has not yet reached in your region then you can manually install Android 8.0 Oreo May 2018 Security update on Galaxy Note 8 (Unlocked). The firmware update comes with a few other software related issues from Samsung. Now proceed to check for the software update manually on the US Unlocked Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950U1UES4CRE1).
Please note that Android 8.0 Oreo May 2018 Security Patch given in this guide is working with the US Unlocked Galaxy Note 8. US Unlocked carrier support like AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, and many more carriers.
Check Software Update on US Unlocked Galaxy Note 8?
- To check the latest software update on your US Unlocked Galaxy Note 8, navigate to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If the new software update is available then tap the Download now button to start upgrading your Galaxy Note 8. The downloading process will take some time to complete. Once the downloading is finished then your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and after that, your device will reboot. Tap OK.
- Done! Your device is now updated.
This was the method to upgrade your device via OTA and if you want to manually download the latest N950U1UES4CRE1 May 2018 security patch then connect to a strong Wi-Fi network. You can also download and install the OTA firmware on the US Unlocked Galaxy Note 8 using ODIN Software manually. We have given the link to download the stock firmware and installation instructions below.
Steps to Install N950U1UES4CRE1 May 2018 Security Manually:
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
Required Download Files
|Bluegrass Cellular – LRA||8.0.0||Download Link|
|US Sprint – SPR||8.0.0||Download Link|
|US AT&T – ATT||8.0.0||Download Link|
|Verizon Wireless – VZW||8.0.0||Download Link|
|US Cellular – USC||8.0.0||Download Link|
|T-Mobile – TMB||8.0.0||Download Link|
|Boost Mobile – BST||8.0.0||Download Link|
|Virgin Mobile USA – VNU||8.0.0||Download Link|
Download Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Now Download ODIN Software
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% – 80%.
- You will need a Windows-based PC or laptop to install this firmware.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when Samsung phone reboot and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Recovery mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To Install N950U1UES4CRE1 May 2018 Security for Galaxy Note 8 using Odin, follow the given link below.
Done! You have successfully installed May 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy Note 8 based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Source: US Unlocked