LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus: Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus was released in 2016, October it comes with 5.7-inch display with the resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels, was powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 chip, with 4/6 Gigs of RAM, 64/128 GB of storage options and a 13 MP rear camera. It is powered by Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box which can be later upgradable to Android 7.0 Nougat. But this is obviously not a full specification sheet but this is enough to prove that this device is indeed a flagship with cheaper price. Here in this guide, we’ll let you know that how to download and install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus [Android 8.1 Oreo].
What is LineageOS?
LineageOS is the free open source operating system for Android smartphone and tablets, based on Android platform. LineageOS is the successor of popular ROM CyanogenMod. After CyanogenMod announced it is discounting development and infrastructure behind the project. In December 2016 the project is rebranded as LineageOS. After the huge success of LineageOS 14.1 which is based on Android 7.x Nougat, this year LineageOS team decided to release LineageOS 15.1, LineageOS team decided to move straightly to LineageOS 15.1 skipping LineageOS 15.0 as official Android 8.1 Oreo is already been released. Now go ahead and follow the given guide to download and install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus [Android 8.1 Oreo]
What is Android Oreo?
Android Oreo is the latest Android operating system. As we all know every new Android OS comes with the baggage of extra new features which includes notification grouping, picture-in-picture, support for auto-fillers, Bluetooth 5, performance improvements and battery usage optimization, system-level integration with VoIP apps Wi-Fi Aware and wide color gamuts. Recently Google released Android 8.1 Oreo with some new changes to the OS.
Check Popular Posts:
- Install LineageOS 15.1 on ZUK Z1 [Android 8.1 Oreo]
- Download and Install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5 [Android 8.1 Oreo]
- Download and Install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s [Android 8.1 Oreo]
- How To Install TWRP and Root Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- Install Android 8.0 Oreo Beta Official Update On Xiaomi Mi A1
- Download and Install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 3/4 [Android 8.1 Oreo]
- Install Android 8.0 Oreo Beta 2 Official Update On Xiaomi Mi A1
- Download and Install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi Note [Android 8.1 Oreo]
- Download and Install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi Note Pro [Android 8.1 Oreo]
In this article, we will guide you how to install LinageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus. Thanks to LuK1337 XDA Recognized Developer for LineageOS 15.1 builds.
Steps to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus [Android 8.1 Oreo]
Before proceeding further, remember that this is a first LineageOS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo build. You may notice some bugs and may not work as your daily driver. Follow the below step by step guide to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus [Android 8.1 Oreo].
Your device must have unlocked bootloader with TWRP Recovery installed.
- This guide only for Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus.
- Take a full backup before proceeding further.
- Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus.
- Install USB Drivers.
- Maintain more than 50% – 60% battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
How To Root Any Android Phone Without Computer
Blocking Ads on Android Devices
LineageOS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo) for Mi 5s Plus – Download
Install LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
First Install TWRP Recovery on your device.
Download LineageOS 15.1 Zip and GApps and transfer the file to your device.
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Power off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down button + Power button” until you see anything on the screen.
Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on the Wipe and swipe to factory reset.
Go back to the main menu in TWRP, click on install and select the LineageOS 15.1 zip file.
After selecting the LineageOS 15.1 zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
Now, Navigate to TWRP main screen and follow the same process for installing GApps.
After the installation process is completed, check the Wipe cache/Dalvik option, click on it and Swipe to wipe.
Now reboot your device from the TWRP main menu.
Hope you have successfully installed LineageOS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus. Let us know your feedback on LineageOS 15.1.