We are going to share a detailed guide on how to download and install LG G6 Android 8.0 Oreo Update [KDZ]. In this guide, we’ll flash Android 8.0 Oreo KDZ firmware update using LG UP and Uppercut tools. The latest Android Oreo update brings the May 2018 Android security patches for LG G6. As you know that the OTA (over-the-air) updates are rolling out batches.
So, it may take some days or weeks to arrive for the devices all over the world. But LG has pushed out the OTA update for these devices in various regions. If the Android Oreo update is not available in your country and you can’t wait then still you can download and install Android Oreo on LG G6 manually. Follow the given guide to download KDZ firmware and flash the stock ROM on your LG G6.
Check out the hardware specifications of LG G6. The device comes with a 5.7-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 X 2880 pixels. LG G6 has a Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 and runs on 4GB RAM. It brings 32GB of expandable (via MicroSD card) internal storage. It has a 13-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front face shooter. LG G6 runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box. Now if you want to taste Android Oreo then go ahead and follow the given guide to download and install Android 8.0 Oreo Update [KDZ] on LG G6.
Various OEMs are busy in releasing the latest Android Oreo updates for their devices. And most of the devices are released from various OEMs this year running on Android Oreo out-of-the-box. The main reason is that the Android P which is the upcoming version of Android OS and will arrive in a few months. So manufacturers like Samsung, LG, Sony, HTC and Huawei etc are trying their best to bring the pre-scheduled Oreo system update to various devices. LG is one such OEM that is rolling out the LG G6 Android 8.0 Oreo update and LG G6 has received the update now. Now follow the given guide to install Android 8.0 Oreo update on LG G6 to secure from software vulnerabilities.
How to Install LG G6 Android 8.0 Oreo Update [KDZ]
Android Oreo comes with amazing features like adaptive App icons, notification dots, Autofill API, night light, revamped Settings menu, improved battery life. Have a look to know more about Android 8.0 Oreo, click here.
Please ensure to fulfill all the requirements stated below before following the steps below to install LG G6 Android Oreo update.
Please note that this guide containing the stock ROM and the instructions are exclusively for LG G6. Do not try to flash this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, during or after the installation process. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
Guide: How to Create & Restore Nandroid Backup on Android Devices (Rooted Phones)
Guide: How to Backup Important Data on Android (Non-Rooted Phones).
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
- Download and install the LG G6 USB Drivers for your device on your PC.
- Connect your LG phone to the PC.
- Go to ‘Control Panel’ > ‘Device Manager’ > ‘Ports’ and check that the phone is detected as ‘LGE Mobile USB Serial Port’.
- Install LG UP tool on the PC.
Download LG G6 Android Oreo Firmware
You can download the KDZ file that brings the Android 8.0 Oreo for your LG G6 from the given links.
- Download LG G6 H873 Android Oreo KDZ – Link
- Download LG G6 G600 Android Oreo KDZ – Link
- Download LG G6 VS988 (Verizon) Android Oreo KDZ – Link
- Download LG G6 H870DS (Taiwan) Android Oreo KDZ – Link
- Download LG G6 H870DS (Sea Arrow Singapore) Android Oreo KDZ – Link
How to Install LG G6 Android 8.0 Oreo Update [KDZ]
1. First, connect your LG G6 to the PC using its USB data cable.
2. Download Uppercut tool on the PC and extract the downloaded ZIP on the desktop of your PC.
3. Run ‘UPPERCUT_18.104.22.168.exe’ by double-clicking on it to launch the LG UP tool via Uppercut.
4. In the LG UP tool window, the phone must be detected at the top.
5. Select ‘Upgrade’ option in the ‘Process’ menu.
6. Now, select the KDZ file you have already downloaded.
7. Finally, click on the ‘Start’ button to install LG G6 Android Oreo Update. The installation process will initiate.
The installation process may take some time, so be patient. After the installation completes, your phone will reboot automatically. Now, close the LG UP tool. Once the LG G6 boots, you will be able to taste all the standard Oreo features on your phone.
These were the complete steps to install LG G6 Android Oreo update. If you have any queries regarding the installation, let us know in the comments area below.
I have flashed as per your instruction from H871 to H87320C KDZ version adnd it is working well. Thanks.
Now H87320i is available and I have downloaded. Can I flash or upgrade this as per your instruction? If I get respond on my email, I will thank you zillion times. Keep up good work.