In this guide, we will be talking about Android 12 for OnePlus 7 and 7T. The OnePlus 7 and 7T are flagship devices from 2019. The wait is over for those who own and use these devices because Android 12 for OnePlus 7 and 7T is finally here.
The Android 12 beta update for OnePlus 7 and 7T had been previously released by OnePlus, but the beta program had been stopped. But now, the beta program has been resumed by the Android device manufacturers and they are again rolling out Android 12 firmware for these two devices.
Android 12 For OnePlus 7 and 7T |
The latest OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 7 and 7T is quite a bulky one. It takes up much space, users will need to have at least 4GB of free space on their devices in order to download the update.
The update brings with it all the Android 12 features that include the new Material You design, adjustable Dark mode, canvas AOD, Privacy Dashboard and others. Apart from these, the update also brings the June 2022 security patch for both of the devices.
If you want to download the Android 12 beta for any of these devices, you are required to be using the OxygenOS version 18.104.22.168. or 22.214.171.124 on your device.
Provided below is the entire changelog for the OxygenOS 12 beta 1 update for OnePlus 7 and 7T.
- Newly added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- Redesigns app icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and optimizes the presentation of text and color to make key information stand out
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- Newly added Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real time
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the
best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar
You can download the OxygenOS 12 open beta 1 update for your devices from below:
So that was it from our side on Android 12 for OnePlus 7 and 7T. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.