Download Gapps for Android 8.0 / 8.1 Oreo: Gapps for Android devices running Android 8.1 Oreo is now available to download and ready to install. Gapps are quite important when it comes to flashing custom ROMS like Lineage OS 15. Though the custom ROMS are independent of the Google Apps and services and it is entirely optional for Android users to use Gapps or not, yet they play an important role in evolving the essence of the Android mega system. Following the official release of Android 8.1 Oreo by Google, the latest Gapps (Google Apps packages) for Android 8.1 Oreo have also come out while flashing custom ROMS. Proceed to the given guide on how to download and install Gapps on Android 8.0 / 8.1 Oreo. You can download Gapps for Android 8.0 / 8.1 Oreo from the given links.
The latest 8.1 Oreo ROM comes with enhanced features and upgrades for the Android system with almost every tech geek and fanatic upgrading/updating the ROM on most of their devices. As of now Gapps are also available to flash on the updated custom ROM and if you wish to download and install Gapps on devices running Android 8.1 Oreo, read on the following detailed guide. Proceed to the given links to Download Gapps for Android 8.0 / 8.1 Oreo.
What are Gapps (Google Apps) and why should you Download?
Google Apps is basically a Web-based Software solution that customizes the Google platform essentially for businesses of all sizes. The primary sectors that Google Apps facilitates are the provisioning of Google applications and tools, like Gmail, Google Talk, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Videos and Google Cloud Connect.
As new features and innovative tools continue to evolve, there is an increase in trend of installing the latest firmware update by most the Android users. Gapps is directly related to such updates. In a more simpler way, we can describe Gapps as a package of Android programs that you have to flash or install every time you install a new custom ROM. This is because until and unless you do so, you will not be able to use the applications on your device.
Once you install the Gapps package, automatically all the Google-based applications will be installed on your device so that you can use Gmail, Gtalk, Google Voice, Calendar, Google Play Store, Google Maps, Goggles, Google Contacts and any other application that you need to operate on your phone. So Gapps is in a way a solution when these apps can’t be integrated into custom ROM packages( as it breaks the licensing restrictions ) and you download them as a complete package on your device.
So If you have ever done rooting on your phone and installed a new ROM, you might have noticed that the Google apps present before have been erased. Although these apps come pre-installed on most of the Android devices, like the Play Store, Gmail, Maps, etc, owing to the licensing restrictions stated earlier. These apps cannot come pre-installed with LineageOS and so they must be installed separately in order to take full advantage of the Android system. The direct links to download Gapps for Android 8.0 / 8.1 Oreo are here below.
You can choose the Gapps package depending upon your requirements and opt for the one best suits you. While most of Android 8.0 Gapps package will be available in a wide range of sizes; it can be of 50 MB or 400 MB according to the criteria and features of the package.
Pre-Requirements to Download Gapps for Android 8.0 / 8.1 Oreo
1. For installing Android 8.0 Gapps on your device, it is recommended that you install the Android 8.0 based AOSP custom ROM, like LineageOS 15 or SlimROM on your device before starting the procedure.
2. You must also install a custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM in case you lose any data or just as a safety measure.
3. Your battery should be At least 30% charged, though, it won’t take more than 5 minutes maximum for the download, but you should always be prepared in case things go wrong or you make a mistake and get stuck.
4. A very important requirement is, however, that there should be enough empty space remaining on your device, which you can also precalculate depending on which Gapp you want to install.
How To Install Gapps On Android 8.0 or 8.1 Oreo
1. First of all Download the Latest Gapps For Android Oreo ROMs from here and save it on your device.
For Arm Devices
For Arm64 Devices
2. Boot your device into Recovery Mode.
• First of all switch off your android smartphone.
• Once it has been switched off press in the following order
- Volume Down
- Volume up
- Power Button
Simultaneously press these buttons in the above mentioned order for a few seconds. Once you keep pressing in the same exact order you may release to see that you are given a list of options to choose from.
Select the Recovery Mode.
3. Under TWRP Recovery, click ‘Install’ and select Gapps packaged apps options.
4. Once you have selected and flashed the Gapps, flash the zip file. clear cache and Dalvik Cache. Also, clear cache and Dalvik Cache after flashing the Gapps.
5. You have successfully installed Gapps on Android 8.0 Oreo.
So above is the step by step guide to download Gapps for Android 8.0 / 8.1 Oreo. If You have any questions or queries regarding This guide Then you can Freely contact us Below In Comment Section.
Hey guys, my question is what would be the result if I flashed oreo 8.0 gapps on oreo 8.1 based custom ROM (more specifically AOSP Extended ROM based on Android Oreo 8.1)?