Here is a detailed guide on how to install DotOS Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Meizu M2 Note. We have already shared the Android Nougat custom ROM for the Meizu M2 Note and now we have good news for the Meizu M2 Note owners that you can now download DotOS Android 7.1.2 Nougat for Meizu M2 Note. All you need to have the latest version of a custom recovery on your device already installed.
DotOS is a Nougat based custom ROM which is popular for its custom-made features from all CM, Lineage, Slim, Omni AOSPA, etc. Follow the given guide to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM on Meizu M2 Note. Please note that this ROM is not officially released by the company but just a custom ROM, built from Android Open Source Code. So you may expect some minor bugs or not functioning features in it. Don’t worry you can always revert back to Stock or any other custom ROM for Meizu M2 Note. Now go ahead and proceed to update Meizu M2 Note to DotOS Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM.
Download Install DotOS Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Meizu M2 Note
Keep in mind that many users have tested and found it a stable build of DotOS on Meizu M2 Note. According to the users, you can use this Stable as a daily driver. All credits go to the developers and contributors for sharing this Android 7.1.2 Nougat DotOS ROM. In order to flash Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Meizu M2 Note, your phone should have a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM already installed.
Android 7.1.2 Nougat Features:
Check out some of the highlighted features of Android 7.1.2 Nougat.
- App Shortcuts
- Multi Window support
- Restart setting to power menu
- Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice
- Image Keyboard support
- 100 emoji added
- GIF Support
- Quick Reply via Notification
- Notification Redesigned panel
- Notifications prioritization
- Enhanced Doze Mode
- System UI Tuner
- Customizable Quick Settings
- Do Not Disturb
- New Settings Panel Redesigned
- Data Saver per App
- Seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
The DotOS Android 7.1.2 custom ROM and the instructions given in this guide can be used only for the Meizu M2 Note. Check the model number of your Meizu M2 Note from Settings > About Phone.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Meizu M2 Note by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Doogee USB Drivers on the PC.
- The Meizu M2 Note should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your Meizu M2 Note must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the Meizu M2 Note is at least above 80% before going ahead.
- Download Android 7.1.2 DotOS ROM
- Download Google Apps
Steps to Flash DotOS Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Meizu M2 Note:
1: – First, download DotOS Android 7.1.2 custom ROM for Meizu M2 Note on the desktop of the PC.
2: – Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
3: – Transfer DotOS Android 7.1.2 ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above links to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
4: – Unplug the Meizu M2 Note from the PC and power it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
5: – Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
6: – While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note: – wipe dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while ROM installation.
7: – Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose to install zip from SD card → choose zip from sd card.
8: – Navigate to the DotOS Android 7.1.2 custom ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
9:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Your Meizu M2 Note will be rebooted and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
If you want to root Meizu M2 Note then follow the given guide.
Done! You’ve successfully updated Meizu M2 Note to the latest DotOS Android 7.1.2 ROM.