In this guide, we will be discussing the Developer options and USB Debugging on Android 12 devices and we will show you how to enable them. Android users are more than familiar with the fact that Android devices come baked in with a lot of features. In fact there are so many features that many of them are not used by an average user.
An example of such features are the Developer options and USB Debugging found on Android devices. Now if you are an average Android user, you will find no need to use this feature. On the other hand, it is a very important feature for Android enthusiasts because it serves a lot of purposes. Developer options provide a lot of features that can be used to test the devices performance and analyzing the results.
Since this feature is a complicated one, it is not available in plain sight. This is a hidden feature because normal users, who are unaware of this feature may find the feature a bit disturbing. So users who just want to use their Android smartphone for general purposes such as calling, messaging, watching/streaming videos and taking pictures, then Developer options should not concern them.
But for users who are into Android development, Developer options on Android is a great feature. So if you want to explore Developer options on Android and are wondering how to enable it on your phone, then this post is just for you because in this guide, we will show you how to enable Developer options and USB debugging on Android 12.
What are Developer Options on Android?
Developer options are simply a set of advanced functions and features in an Android phone. As we said before, the features found in Developer options are ones that allow developers to test out their devices’ apps and test the performance of their phone. These features prove useful when developing a new app as the compatibility of an app for a device can be tested through these features and these features also help to analyze how well an app works on a phone.
The Developer options and USB Debugging are not recommended for normal users as the features are a bit too complicated for them. Using developer mode can result in abnormal behavior of your device such as battery draining quicker than usual.
How to Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on Android 12
The Developer mode can be entered from the Settings app on your Android phone. The steps to enable Developer options are different for different Android versions. The method provided below is for devices with stock Android 12:
Enable Developer Options on stock Android 12:
- First head over to the Settings app on your device.
- Now scroll down until you find the About phone section and tap on it.
- Now look for Build number in the About phone section.
- Now tap on Build number for 7 times.
- You will know that you have Developer mode when you see the message, “You are now a developer”.
- Now when you go back to the main screen of the Settings app, you will be able to see Developer Options as well.
So that was all that you had to do in order to enter Developer mode on stock Android 12. If you already are in Developer mode, pressing the Build number 7 times will display the message “You are already a developer”.
Enable Developer options on Samsung phones
The steps to enable developer options on phones from different brands may vary as well. the steps below are for enabling developer options on Samsung phones:
- First head over to the Settings app on your phone.
- Now head over to the About phone section.
- Now you are required to open Software information and in there, tap on Build number 7 times simultaneously.
- You will also be asked to enter your screen lock password.
- Once done, you will be able to see Developer options on the main menu in the Settings app.
ENABLE DEVELOPER OPTIONS ON VIVO PHONES
- First open up the Settings on your phone.
- Scroll down to About phone and open that section.
- Tap on about phone again.
- After that, tap on Software version and tap on it 7 times.
- After this, you will be able to find the Developer options under the About phone section.
ENABLE DEVELOPER OPTIONS ON MIUI PHONES
- For MIUI phones, you will have to have to open the Settings app as usual.
- Now go to About phone .
- Now tap on MIUI version 7 times and you will get the message, “You are now a developer”.
- After that you will be able to find Developer options under the Additional Settings options.
- For phones of other brands, the steps are similar to the ones we discussed.
HOW TO ENABLE USB DEBUGGING ON ANDROID 12
The USB Debugging is another feature found in Android that is very useful for developers. It can be enabled after you have enabled developer options on your phone. It mainly provides root access for users through which users can install custom ROMs on their phones. Apart from that, it can be useful in data recovery.
The steps below guide you on how to enable USB Debugging Running on Android 12:
- First, head over to the Settings app.
- Now proceed to the Developer options.
- Now from the options that appear, look for the USB Debugging option.
- Turn the option on.
- Now USB Debugging is enabled on your device.
Following the methods above, you can easily enable Developer options and USB Debugging on your Android device easily. But keep in mind that you should only enable Developer Mode and USB Debugging on Android 12 if you have an idea about how to use them.
So that was it from our side on Developer options and USB Debugging on Android 12. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.