In this guide, we will be talking about the Descendant ROM June 2022 update. Back in April 2022, the first stable build of the Descendant ROM based on Android 12L was released by the team of developers behind the custom ROM.
Initially, the ROM came out with support for only a few devices and the build also included some bug fixes over the beta version. In the following month, the May update was released by the developers which brought in improvements regarding stability and efficiency.
Recently, the June 2022 build of the Descendant ROM was released by the team and it came packing some new features and compatibility for 3 new devices.
The Descendant custom ROM is particularly known for providing useful features over the original Vanilla Android experience. It is known to be for users who intend to have the ability to customize their device but still have a user interface close to stock Android. The Descendant Android custom ROM provides exactly what these users look for.
Descendant ROM June 2022 Update | Descendant ROM 12.1
The latest June 2022 update brings in the June 2022 security patch as well as some new features. These new features include a new Weather widget from OpenWeather.com. Further, a new lock screen lock style based on the Sony Aligned clock design has also been featured with the update.
In addition to that, the clock style set on your lock screen can now be used on your home screen as well. This is now possible due to the new Continuity Clock Widget.
With the latest update, we also get to see Descendant sounds. Descendant Sounds is not a ringtone app. Rather, it is a collection of ringtones suited to the theme and design of the Descendant custom ROM.
It provides four different dynamic sound themes that users can use for notifications and calls. The Themes include Water drops, Birds, Glass and Violin. The Changelog for the update is as follows:
- Bug Fixes
- Solved an issue with Weather tint on lockscreen
- Solved an issue that was preventing some clocks to be correctly updated on pulse and AOD events
- Solved an issue that was preventing Heads-up to work after disabling Notification Chip
- Solved an issue that was preventing Weather icon to be correctly resized according to the user-selected display size
- Solved an issue that was preventing pulse events to be correctly dismissed
- Solved an issue that was causing crashes when “Privacy dots only for system apps” was enabled
- Enhanced coherence in Gestures Magic text styles
- New Features
- Added Weather widget
- Added Continuity Clock widget, a widget that will mirror lockscreen’s clock style to offer seamless transitions from lockscreen to home screen
- Added Lockscreen Events (daily events from calendar), an extra line under date on lockscreen that will show upcoming events
- Added a new clock style: Sony Aligned
- Added Descendant Sounds (with dynamic notification sounds) under Settings -> Sounds and Notification
The three new devices for which support was added are:
- Google Pixel 3a
- OnePlus 7
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
Download Descendant ROM June 2022 Release | Descendant ROM 12.1
If you want to try out the latest version of Descendant ROM on your device, you can proceed to the XDA forum thread and follow the instructions required to install it on your device.
|Sr. No.||Device and Forum Link||Device codename and Descendant ROM Discussion Thread|
|1.||Google Pixel 3a||sargo|
|2.||Google Pixel 4 XL||coral|
|3.||Google Pixel 4a||sunfish|
|6.||Xiaomi Mi 9||cepheus|
|7.||Xiaomi Mi 9 SE||grus|
|8.||Xiaomi Mi 10||umi|
|9.||Xiaomi Mi 10T/Mi 10T Pro/Redmi K30S||apollon|
|10.||Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G||renoir|
|11.||Poco F2 Pro/Redmi K30 Pro||lmi|
|13.||Poco X3 Pro||vayu|
|14.||Redmi K40/Poco F3/Xiaomi Mi 11X||alioth|
|15.||Redmi K40 Pro/Redmi K40 Pro Plus/Xiaomi Mi 11X Pro/Xiaomi Mi 11i||haydn|
|16.||Redmi Note 7||lavender|
|17.||Redmi Note 8 and 8T||ginkgo and willow|
|18.||Redmi Note 8 Pro||begonia|
|19.||Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G [Global]/Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G [India]/Poco X4 Pro 5G||veux|
- Please note that at the time of writing, builds for the Redmi Note 9s/9 Pro India, Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max, and the Poco M2 Pro are suspended.
Download: Descendant 12.1
Also, be informed that you can try out the Descendant ROM even if you do not have the aforementioned devices. This is possible through generic GSI builds for Project Treble-enabled devices.
Further, the Descendant ROM June 2022 build comes with Google apps pre-installed, so this means that you will not have to install the Google Play store through a separate zip file.
So that was it from our side on the Descendant ROM June 2022 update. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.