In this guide, we will be talking about the August 2022 update for Google Play. The Google Play system update support page was recently updated by Google to include the latest features and changes seen with the August 2022 update for Google Play.
With the latest version, we get to see a lot of new features and improvements. These include a new AutoFill UI for smartphones, new features for the Play Points and Play Pass programs and Material You support for Android help. Also, we get to see improvements to the discovery features and to Google Play Billing.
In addition to that, the August 2022 update for Google Play brings improvements for the ‘Play as you download’ feature as well. The update also brings performance optimizations, stability improvements, and bug fixes along with other things.
August 2022 Update for Google Play | Changelog
Provided below is the changelog for the August 2022 update for Google Play which states all of the changes that the update brings.
- Google Play Store
- Improvements to Play-as-you-download feature to let gamers start playing mobile games while the app download continues to reduce waiting times.
- New features to help you discover the Apps & Games you love.
- Optimizations allowing faster and more reliable download and installation.
- New features to the Play Pass and Play Points programs.
- Enhancements to Google Play Billing.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes and improvements to security, stability and accessibility.
- [Phone] This release adds link groups to GoogleHelp to give users detailed help instructions from apps.
- [Phone] Adds support for Material 3 dynamic color in Android Help.
- System Management & Diagnostics
- [Phone] New settings screens provide better visibility into and control over the functionality in Google Play services on your device.
- [Phone] New UI for AutoFill.
- [Phone] Allows users to add new eMoney cards to Google Pay to pay on transit and in stores in Japan.
- Developer Services
- New developer features for Google and third party app developers to support Location & Context related developer services in their apps.
- System Management
- Updates to system management services that improve security, and stability.
The majority of the features, improvements and changes that are part of the August 2022 update for Google Play have started to roll out with the Google Play services v33.22.
The other changes that are mentioned in the changelog which concern optimizations and bug fixes were rolled out to users earlier, last month with the Google Play store v31.1.
So that was it from our side on the August 2022 update for Google Play. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.